I2P가 구동 가능한 시스템은 무엇입니까?
I2P는 펜티엄 II와 64 MB RAM의 로우-엔드 PC에서도 잘 구동되는 것으로 보고 되었지만, 펜티엄 III (혹은 상급)와 128MB RAM (혹은 더 많은)에서 더 잘 구동될 것입니다. 여러가지 JRE의 성능을 비교한 차트는 https://trac.i2p2.de/wiki/java에서 찾을 수 있고, 짧게 요약하자면: Sun/Oracle Java 혹은 OpenJDK 다 가능합니다.
I2P는 Windows, Linux, FreeBSD (아래 노트를 보세요), OSX, 그리고 OpenSolaris에서 테스트 되었습니다. I2P를 Android로 도입하는 작업도 진행중입니다.
버그를 찾은것 같습니다, 어디서 제보할 수 있나요?몇가지 장소가 있습니다. 하나 또는 여러개를 선택하세요.
- trac.i2p2.de ticket (preferred method)
- pastethis.i2p.xyz and follow up on IRC in #i2p
- IRC #i2p-dev에서 개발자와 의논하세요
라우터 로그와 wrapper 로그의 관련있는 정보를 포함해 주세요.
주소록에 호스트가 부족합니다. 괜찮은 구독 링크는 뭐가 있나요?
기본 구독은 http://www.i2p2.i2p/hosts.txt 로 아주 가끔 업데이트 됩니다. 다른 구독이 없을 시에는, 짜증나는 "점프" 링크를 자주 써야할지도 모릅니다.
이것은 몇몇 공개 주소록 구독 링크입니다. 원하는 대로 하나 혹은 두개를 당신의 susidns 구독 리스트에 추가하세요. 주기적으로 서로 동기화되기 때문에, 다 등록할 필요는 없습니다. 이 링크들은 cgi-bin 어플리케이션으로 작동되어 여러가지 방법들을 통해 배달되는 주소들의 중복을 최소한으로 하기 때문에, 효율적입니다. 알아야 할 것은 hosts.txt 서비스에 구독을 한다는 건 "믿는" 행동이며, 악의적인 구독들은 잘못된 주소를 줄 수 있다는 것입니다. 그러니 이것들을 믿을지는 생각해야 합니다. 이 서비스들의 운영자들은 호스트 리스팅을 하기 위한 여러 정책들을 시행할 지도 모릅니다. 이 리스트의 존재는 지지를 의미하지 않습니다.
*.i2p.net에 무슨 일이 있었나요? jrandom에게 무슨 일이 있었던건가요? I2P는 끝났나요?
Jramdom은 리드 개발자로써 I2P와 Syndie 를 몇년동안 해 왔습니다. jrandom이 다시 돌아올지는 우리도 모릅니다. *.i2p.net 도메인은 호스팅 업체의 정전 이후로 작동하지 않는 상태입니다.
I2P는 활발하게 개발중입니다.
제 라우터 CPU 사용량이 엄청납니다?!?
높은 CPU 이용량은 많은 이유가 있습니다. 체크리스트를 확인하세요:
OpenJDK와 Sun/Oracle Java를 가능하다면 다 써 보십시요. 어떤 버전이 설치되어 있는지는
java -version을 커맨드/쉘 프롬프트에서 입력하여 확인할 수 있습니다. 성능은 java의 만드는 법에 좌우되는 경향이 있습니다.
- I2P 내에서 BitTorrent 클라이언트를 실행하고 있나요? 토렌트의 수, 대역폭 제한을 줄여보거나 완벽히 종료해 보고 잘 되는지 확인해 보세요.
- Are your bandwidth limits set too high? It is possible that too much traffic is going through your I2P router and it is overloaded. Try reducing the setting for share bandwidth percentage on the configuration page.
- Make sure that you're running the latest version of I2P to get the benefits of increased performance and bug fixes.
Has enough memory been set aside for use by I2P? Look at the memory graph on the graphs page to see
if the memory usage is "pegged"—the JVM is spending most of its time in
garbage collection. Increase the setting
wrapper.java.maxmemoryin the file
- CPU 사용량이 생각보다 많은 것입니까, 아니면 계속 100% 를 유지하고 있습니까? 계속 유지하고 있다면, 버그일 수도 있습니다. 로그를 보면서 이유를 찾아보세요.
- You may be using the Java-based BigInteger library instead of the native version, especially if you are running on a new or unusual OS or hardware (OpenSolaris, mipsel, etc.). See the jbigi page for instructions on diagnosing, building, and testing methods.
- If your native jbigi library is working fine, the biggest user of CPU may be routing traffic for participating tunnels. This uses CPU because at each hop a layer of encryption must be decoded. You can limit participating traffic in two ways - by reducing the share bandwidth on confignet.jsp, or by setting router.maxParticipatingTunnels=nnn on configadvanced.jsp.
일부 컨텐츠들에 반대합니다. 어떻게 배포, 보관, 접근을 막을 수 있나요?
Hmm. I2P is an anonymous network, so that's a tricky one. I2P is designed to withstand censorship, providing a means for everyone to communicate freely. The best way to keep your PC free of (encrypted) traffic that you dislike is to not use I2P. Freedom of speech has some costs. But let's address your question in three parts:
- Distribution - All traffic on I2P is encrypted in multiple layers. You don't know a message's contents, source, or destination. All traffic you route is internal to the I2P network, you are not an exit node (outproxy). Your only alternative is to refuse to route any traffic, by setting your share bandwidth or maximum participating tunnels to 0 (see above). It would be nice if you didn't do this, you should help the network by routing traffic for others. Over 95% of users route traffic for others.
- Storage - I2P does not do distributed storage of content. You must be thinking of Freenet. Nobody's content is being stored on your computer by running I2P.
- Access - If there are some eepsites you don't like, don't go there. Or, use a blocking proxy like Privoxy or some type of "net nanny".
제 활성 피어 / 알려진 피어 / 참여 터널 / 연결 수 / 대역폭이 크게 각기 다릅니다! 뭔가 문제 있는건가요?
No. This is normal. All routers adjust dynamically to changing network conditions and demands.
제 라우터가 몇분동안 켜져 있는데도 연결이 없거나 매우 적습니다
You may need to reseed your I2P router. With recent versions of I2P you can go to http://localhost:7657/configreseed and click the Save Changes and Reseed Now button. If this method doesn't work—or you're using a very old version—you may need to reseed manually.
The reseed URL changed a few years ago. If this is your first install and you have installed an old (0.6.1.30 or earlier) release, or you have not run I2P in a long time, you must change the URL and then click "Reseed" on the console to find other routers. After your router is running, on configadvanced.jsp, add the line i2p.reseedURL=http://netdb.i2p2.de/ OR i2p.reseedURL=http://i2pdb.tin0.de/netDb/ (either should work), then click "Apply", then click the "reseed" link on the left.
This works if you are running 0.6.1.27 or later. If you are running release 0.6.1.31 or later, you probably don't need to do this. If you are running release 0.6.1.26 or earlier, either follow the manual reseed instructions below or install the latest release. Possible alternate method - add wrapper.java.additional.5=-Di2p.reseedURL=http://netdb.i2p2.de/ to wrapper.config, shutdown the router completely, then start again, then click "reseed". Let us know if this works.
...but you *really* should upgrade to the latest version.
제 라우터가 매우 적은 활성 피어만 있습니다, 괜찮은 건가요?
If your router has 10 or more active peers, everything is fine. Changes in releases 0.6.1.31 and 0.6.1.32 improved the efficiency of the router and effectively reduced the number of active peers. The router should maintain connections to a few peers at all times. The best way to stay "better-connected" to the network is to share more bandwidth.
Is my router an "exit node" to the regular Internet? I don't want it to be.
아닙니다. Tor와는 다르게, "나가는 노드" 혹은 "아웃프록시" 는 네트워크 고유의 부분이 아닙니다. 별도로 어플리케이션을 실행하고 설정한 자원자만 일반 인터넷 트래픽을 중개합니다. 매우, 매우 적습니다.
I2P를 통해서 일반 인터넷 사이트에 접속이 안됩니다.
See above. There are very few HTTP "outproxies", they are not an inherent part of the network, and they may not be up. In addition, the old outproxies squid.i2p, true.i2p, and krabs.i2p have vanished. The only outproxy at the moment is false.i2p. To use it, edit your i2ptunnel settings for eepProxy and set your outproxy list to 'false.i2p' (only). Then stop and restart the eepProxy. If it doesn't work, the outproxy is not up. It is not I2P's fault. If your primary reason to use an anonymous network is to anonymously access sites on the regular Internet, you should probably try Tor.
I2P를 사용해서 https:// 와 ftp:// 가 접근이 안됩니다.
Within I2P, there is no need for HTTPS, as all traffic is encrypted end-to-end. FTP is not supported for technical reasons.
There are no FTP "outproxies" to the Internet—it may not even be possible to set up one. Any other kind of outproxy may work if it's set up with a standard tunnel. If you would like to set up some type of outproxy, carefully research the potential risks. The I2P community may or may not be able to help with the technical aspects, feel free to ask.
As explained several times above, any existing outproxy isn't a core part of the network. They are services run by individuals and they may or may not be operational at any given time.
Update: Thanks to the work of h2ik, there is an https outproxy available for use via I2P. Starting with I2P 0.8.4 the tunnel is configured out of the box.
In case the https outproxy is not available in your version of I2P, you can add it easily by doing the following:
- Open i2p tunnel manager. Scroll down to the bottom.
- Choose CONNECT from New Client Tunnel dropdown list, click Create
- In the new page, name and describe your new https tunnel as you like. The Access Point is your local port for the new https proxy recommended port's 4445. Outproxy should be the outproxy's .i2p address which supports https. See this forum post of h2ik's for the address. Make sure Shared Client, Delay Connect, AutoStart are checked. Other options should be left at the defaults. Click Save. In tunnel manger, click the Start button next to your new tunnel.
- In firefox, click through Tools>Options>Advanced>Network>Setting. Untick Use this proxy for all protocol, set SSL proxy: to localhost:4445.
아웃프록시 사용은 안전한가요?
This is a question that only you can answer because the correct answer depends on your behaviours, your threat model, and how much you trust the outproxy operator.
Like Tor, I2P does not magically encrypt the Internet. You are vulnerable to snooping by the outproxy operators. The Tor FAQ does a good job of explaining this.
In addition, you may be vulnerable to collusion between the outproxy operator and operators of other I2P services, if you use the same tunnels ("shared clients"). There is additional discussion about this on zzz.i2p.
어떻게 일반 인터넷의 IRC, BitTorrent 혹은 다른 서비스에 접근할 수 있나요?
Unless an outproxy has been set up for the service you want to connect to, this cannot be done. There are only three types of outproxies running right now: HTTP, HTTPS, and email. Note that there is not a SOCKS outproxy. If this type of service is required, try Tor.
대부분의 I2P내의 eepsite들은 접속이 안되나요?
If you consider every eepsite that has ever been created, yes, most of them are down. People and eepsites come and go. A good way to get started in I2P is check out a list of eepsites that are currently up. http://identiguy.i2p.xyz tracks active eepsites.
제 eepsite는 어떻게 구성할 수 있나요?
Click on the Website link at the top of your router console for instructions.
I2P는 왜 느리나요?
Why are downloads, torrents, web browsing, and everything else so slow on I2P? The encryption and routing within the I2P network adds a substantial amount of overhead and limits bandwidth. Anonymity isn't free.
In addition, you and everybody else probably need to increase your bandwidth limits. Two key settings are the inbound and outbound bandwidth limiters on the configuration page. With the default settings of 32KBps you will generally get no better than 15KBps data transfer in I2PSnark. Increasing the settings (but keeping within your actual connection limitations) will increase the potential transfer rate for I2PSnark and all other applications.
Also, do you have sufficient share bandwidth configured to allow participating tunnels to route through your router? Believe it or not, allowing participating traffic keeps you well-integrated in the network and helps your own transfer speeds.
I2P is a work in progress. Lots of improvements and fixes are being implemented, and generally speaking, running the latest release will help your performance. If you haven't, install the latest release.
Bittorrent / I2PSnark / Azureus I2P 플러그인 질문?
See the I2P Bittorrent FAQ
I2P 내부에서 IRC 접속은 어떻게 하나요?
A tunnel to the main IRC server within I2P, Irc2P, is created when I2P is installed (see
the I2PTunnel configuration page),
and is automatically started when the I2P router starts. To connect to it, tell your IRC
client to connect to
localhost 6668. XChat-like client users can create a
new network with the server
localhost/6668 (remember to tick "Bypass
proxy server" if you have a proxy server configured).
다른 기기에서 웹 콘솔을 접근하거나 비밀번호를 어떻게 걸 수 있나요?
For security purposes, the router's admin console by default only listens for connections on the local interface. However, with a little hacking, you can make it reachable remotely:
clientApp.0.args=7657 ::1,127.0.0.1 ./webapps/
clientApp.0.args=7657 0.0.0.0 ./webapps/
- Go to http://localhost:7657/configui and add a console username and password if desired.
- Go to http://localhost:7657/index.jsp and hit "Graceful restart", which restarts the JVM and reloads the client applications
After that fires up, you should now be able to reach your console remotely. Reload the router at
http://127.0.0.1:7657 and you will be prompted for the username and password you specified in step 2
above if your browser supports the authentication popup. Note: the
0.0.0.0 above specifies an interface, not a network or netmask. 0.0.0.0
means "bind to all interfaces", so it can be reachable on 127.0.0.1:7657 as well as
any LAN/WAN IP.
다른 기기에서 어떻게 프로그램을 사용할 수 있나요?
By default, the router I2CP interface (port 7654) binds to address 127.0.0.1. To bind to 0.0.0.0, set the router advanced configuration option i2cp.tcp.bindAllInterfaces=true and restart.
Whats an "eepsite"?
An eepsite is a website that is hosted anonymously - you can access it by setting your web browser's HTTP proxy to use the web proxy (typically it listens on localhost port 4444), and browsing to the site.
제 브라우저를 어떻게 설정하나요?
The proxy config for different browsers is on a separate page with screenshots. More advanced configs with external tools are possible but could introduce leaks in your setup.
라우터 콘솔의 활성 x/y 숫자는 무엇을 의미하나요?
x is the number of peers you've sent or received a message from successfully in the last minute, y is the number of peers seen in the last hour or so.
I2P를 SOCKS 프록시로 사용할 수 있나요?
The SOCKS proxy is working as of release 0.7.1. SOCKS 4/4a/5 are supported. There is no SOCKS outproxy so it is of limited use.
In addition, many applications leak sensitive information that could identify you on the Internet. I2P only filters connection data, but if the program you intend to run sends this information as content, I2P has no way to protect your anonymity. For example, some mail applications will send the IP address of the machine they are running on to a mail server. There is no way for I2P to filter this, thus using I2P to 'socksify' existing applications is possible, but extremely dangerous.
If you would like more information on the socks proxy application anyway, there are some helpful hints on the socks page.
I2P가 이용하는 포트는 무엇인가요?
Okay, here's a rundown of the default ports (everything is configurable through various settings, of course):
Note: New installs as of release 0.7.8 do not use port 8887; they select a random port
between 9000 and 31000 when the program is run for the first time.
The selected port is shown on the router configuration page.
- Outbound UDP from the random port noted on the configuration page to arbitrary remote UDP ports, allowing replies
- Outbound TCP from random high ports to arbitrary remote TCP ports
- (optional, but recommended) Inbound UDP to the port noted on configuration page from arbitrary locations
(optional, but recommended) Inbound TCP to the port noted on configuration page from arbitrary locations
Inbound TCP may be disabled on the configuration page.
Outbound UDP on port 123, allowing replies
This is necessary for I2P's internal time sync (via SNTP - querying a random SNTP host in pool.ntp.org or another server you specify)
Local I2P ports, listening only to local connections by default,
except where noted:
- 1900: UPnP SSDP UDP multicast listener. Cannot be changed. Binds to all interfaces. May be disabled on confignet.jsp.
- 2827: BOB bridge, a higher level socket API for clients Disabled by default. May be enabled/disabled on configclients.jsp. May be changed in the bob.config file.
- 4444: HTTP proxy May be disabled or changed on the i2ptunnel page in the router console. May also be configured to be bound to a specific interface or all interfaces.
- 4445: HTTPS proxy May be disabled or changed on the i2ptunnel page in the router console. May also be configured to be bound to a specific interface or all interfaces.
- 6668: IRC proxy May be disabled or changed on the i2ptunnel page in the router console. May also be configured to be bound to a specific interface or all interfaces.
- 7652: UPnP HTTP TCP event listener. Binds to the LAN address. May be changed with advanced config i2np.upnp.HTTPPort=nnnn. May be disabled on confignet.jsp.
- 7653: UPnP SSDP UDP search response listener. Binds to all interfaces. May be changed with advanced config i2np.upnp.SSDPPort=nnnn. May be disabled on confignet.jsp.
- 7654: I2P Client Protocol port, used by client apps. May be changed to a different port on configclients.jsp but this is not recommended. May be to bind to a different interface or all interfaces, or disabled, on configclients.jsp.
- 7655: UDP for SAM bridge, a higher level socket API for clients Only opened when a SAM V3 client requests a UDP session. May be enabled/disabled on configclients.jsp. May be changed in the clients.config file with the SAM command line option sam.udp.port=nnnn.
- 7656: SAM bridge, a higher level socket API for clients Disabled by default for new installs as of release 0.6.5. May be enabled/disabled on configclients.jsp. May be changed in the clients.config file.
- 7657: Your router console May be disabled in the clients.config file. May also be configured to be bound to a specific interface or all interfaces in that file.
- 7658: Your eepsite May be disabled in the clients.config file. May also be configured to be bound to a specific interface or all interfaces in the jetty.xml file.
- 7659: Outgoing mail to smtp.postman.i2p May be disabled or changed on the i2ptunnel page in the router console. May also be configured to be bound to a specific interface or all interfaces.
- 7660: Incoming mail from pop.postman.i2p May be disabled or changed on the i2ptunnel page in the router console. May also be configured to be bound to a specific interface or all interfaces.
- 8998: mtn.i2p2.i2p (Monotone - disabled by default) May be disabled or changed on the i2ptunnel page in the router console. May also be configured to be bound to a specific interface or all interfaces.
- 31000: Local connection to the wrapper control channel port. Outbound to 32000 only, does not listen on this port. Starts at 31000 and will increment until 31999 looking for a free port. To change, see the wrapper documentation. For more information see below.
- 32000: Local control channel for the service wrapper. To change, see the wrapper documentation. For more information see below.
The local I2P ports and the I2PTunnel ports do not need to be reachable from remote machines, but *should* be reachable locally. You can also create additional ports for I2PTunnel instances via http://localhost:7657/i2ptunnel/ (and in turn, would need to get your firewall to allow you local access, but not remote access, unless desired).
So, to summarize, nothing needs to be reachable by unsolicited remote peers, but if you can configure your NAT/firewall to allow inbound UDP and TCP the outbound facing port, you'll get better performance. You will also need to be able to send outbound UDP packets to arbitrary remote peers (blocking IPs randomly with something like PeerGuardian only hurts you - don't do it).
Why is I2P listening on port 32000?
The Tanuki java service wrapper that we use opens this port—bound to localhost—in order to communicate with software running inside the JVM. When the JVM is launched it is given a key so it can connect to the wrapper. After the JVM establishes its connection to the wrapper, the wrapper refuses any additional connections.
More information can be found in the wrapper documentation.
어떻게 수동으로 reseed 할 수 있나요?
An I2P router only needs to be seeded once, to join the network for the first time. Reseeding is nothing more than sending plain HTTP GET requests to fetch a directory listing and download multiple "routerInfo" files from a predefined reseed URL.
A typical symptom of a failed reseed is the "Known" indicator (on the left sidebar of the router console) displaying a very small value (often less than 5) which does not increase. This can occur, among other things, if your firewall limits outbound traffic, and blocked the reseed request.To reseed an I2P router manually, do the following:
- Stop your I2P router
- Open http://netdb.i2p2.de/ using a web browser
- Save a dozen "routerInfo" files to your I2P "netDb" directory
- Start your I2P router
전 FreeBSD를 쓰는데 I2P를 실행하면
When trying to start the router using "i2prouter start", you may see output like the following:
libm.so.4 관련 오류가 납니다!
$ ./i2prouter start
Starting I2P Service...
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libm.so.4" not found, required by "i2psvc"
In order to be inclusive and try to ensure that I2P will run on as many systems as possible, up until I2P 0.8.9 we used a java wrapper compiled for FreeBSD 6.x. If you're receiving this error you most likely are missing the necessary compatibility libraries. These libraries may be installed by performing the following steps:
Switch to the root user with
suor log in as
If you cannot install these compatibility libraries (or do not want to), other
possibilities would be to compile the wrapper for your
system, starting I2P with the
runplain.sh script, or you can
replace the wrapper with one from the source tarball.
For the 0.8.9 release of I2P, the wrapper was upgraded to v3.5.12 and compiled on systems running FreeBSD 7.2.
wrapper.log I see an error that states "
Protocol family unavailable" when loading the Router Console
Often this error will occur with any network enabled java software on some systems that are configured to use IPv6 by default. There are a few ways to solve this:
On Linux based systems, you can
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/bindv6only
- Look for the following lines in
If the lines are there, uncomment them by removing the "#"s. If the lines are not there, add them without the "#"s.
WARNING: For any changes to
wrapper.config to take effect, you must completely
stop the router and the wrapper. Clicking Restart on your
router console will NOT reread this file! You must
click Shutdown, wait 11 minutes, then start I2P.
Is installing Java required to use I2P?
While the main I2P client implementation requires Java, there are several alternative clients which don't require Java.
Great! Find us on IRC irc.freenode.net #i2p or post to the forum and we'll post it here (with the answer, hopefully).