There are many ways you can help I2P.
To get involved, please feel free to join us on the forum, which is available at i2pforum.net on the non-private internet and at i2pforum.i2p inside the I2P network, or to create an account on our project Gitlab inside the I2P network here or on the non-private internet here. If you don't want to create an account on our forum, some of our developers are active Redditors who will talk to you on r/i2p and many of us also operate Github accounts where we work on I2P-Related projects, but we do not offer official support for I2P contributions via Github. For real-time chat, there is an IRC network within I2P. Please join the #i2p-dev IRC channel (on irc.freenode.net, irc.oftc.net, or within I2P on irc.echelon.i2p, irc.dg.i2p or irc.postman.i2p). Other contact information is maintained on this page.
If you're interested in development, please get in touch as we're always looking for new contributors.
Join us on our Gitlab
We need help in many areas, and you don't need to know Java to contribute. Here's a list to help get you started.
Grow the Community
- Spread the Word. — Tell people about I2P on forums, blogs, and comments to articles. Fix up the Wikipedia article about I2P in your language. Tell your friends, and more importantly, use I2P to communicate with your friends. We have many tools that can help you keep your private conversations private.
- Translation — Help translate the website and the software into your language. Translators are a very important part of this decentralized project and your work is always appreciated. See the new translator's guide for details.
- التوثيق — Suggest changes to the website, or help fix the parts of the website that you notice are outdated or incomplete. Web Site development has been fully migrated to git, you can participate by creating an account on our project Gitlab inside the I2P network here or on the non-private internet here. We also always appreciate our wonderful translators, join one of our Transifex teams and help translate pages into other languages.
- جاري التجريب — Run the latest builds from monotone or a recent build from the unofficial github mirror and report results on Gitlab inside the I2P network here or on the non-private internet here. For existing bugs, Trac is still acceptable.
Host Services for Yourself and Others
- الخدمات — Self-hosting almost anything, from an SSH server for yourself to an ActivityPub forum for everyone and anything in between, is helpful to the I2P network, especially if you write down instructions for others. Almost anything you can think of can be made to work with I2P, and your service is valuable to the network.
- اعادة التوزيع — Getting new users onto the network is a very important task, and that task is handled by our reseed servers. The more reseed servers we have, the more de-centralized and redundant our infrastructure is. It's a big responsibility, but it's pretty easy to set up a reseed server for new routers to bootstrap from. Detailed instructions are on our reseed server page.
- Applications — Write or port applications for I2P. There's some guidelines and a list of ideas on the applications page.
- Coding — There's plenty to do if you know Java or are ready to learn. Check for open tickets on Trac or the TODO list on zzz.i2p for some ideas on where to start. See the new developer's guide for details.
- التحليل — Study or test the code to look for vulnerabilities. Both anonymity vulnerabilities from the various threat models, and DOS and other weaknesses due to security holes, benefit from ongoing research.
- ادعم: I2P is FOSS - Free Open-Source Software, which is supported by volunteers and by donations. If you use the network, please consider setting a monthly donation to help cover costs for maintainers and developers to keep improving the software and network.