I2P dev meeting, December 6, 2016 @ 20:00 UTC

Quick recap

  • Present:

echelon, manas, orignal, zzz

Log IRC yang lengkap

20:00:02 <zzz> 0) Hi
20:00:02 <zzz> 1) 33C3 planning
20:00:02 <zzz> 2) 0.9.28 update (zzz)
20:00:02 <zzz> 3) Tails maintainer (zzz) http://zzz.i2p/topics/2108
20:00:07 <zzz> 0) Hi
20:00:09 <zzz> hi
20:00:16 <i2pr> [Slack/manas] Hello :slightly_smiling_face:
20:00:44 <zzz> 1) 33C3 planning
20:00:54 <orignal_> hi
20:01:08 <zzz> ok, 3 weeks from today, anything we need to discuss?
20:01:38 <eche|on> I am reachable via twitter at least
20:01:49 <eche|on> I am in hamburg from 26th december on 
20:01:53 <zzz> I assume we'll have our twitter DM group set up a couple days in advance
20:01:58 <eche|on> I´ll bring along the banner and laptop and stickers
20:02:10 <i2pr> [Slack/manas] I will be arriving in Hamburg on the afternoon of 26th Dec
20:02:11 <zzz> I'll bring stickers also.
20:02:21 <zzz> don't forget your power strip
20:02:39 <eche|on> the tickets are all payed and I´ll manage them to hand out to the folks
20:02:45 <zzz> usual story, those there on the 26th reserve a table
20:02:45 <eche|on> ok
20:02:57 <i2pr> [Slack/manas] Any tips/suggestions for people going to CCC for the first time?
20:02:57 <eche|on> yeah
20:03:12 <zzz> fluffypony + 1 on the monero side
20:03:29 <eche|on> manas: be there, suck all in, prepare your systems to be under fire 24/7, get a big HD, get some money, expect the unexpected^^
20:03:30 <zzz> general tips you can get after the meeting
20:03:35 <i2pr> [Slack/manas] :smile:
20:03:41 <zzz> anything else on 1) ?
20:04:48 <zzz> 2) 0.9.28 update
20:04:55 <eche|on> just: lets hope for a good 33c3
20:05:19 <zzz> 0.9.28 on schedule, checkin and translation deadline is friday, should get the release out early next week
20:05:35 <zzz> please help review the diff this weekend
20:05:57 <orignal_> anything new I should be aware about?
20:06:09 <orignal_> I mean 0.9.28
20:06:09 <eche|on> ok, I´ll be here until 19th december for doing stuff, and from 20th on somehour/day online
20:06:22 <zzz> i don't think so orignal_ 
20:06:28 <zzz> anything else on 2) ?
20:06:53 <orignal_> thanks
20:07:34 <zzz> 3) Tails maintainer
20:07:49 <zzz> we're in bad shape on tails. 3 maintainers have vanished this year
20:08:23 <zzz> a portion of the tails devs want i2p to be removed from tails, due to lack of attention to tickets over several years, and lack of stable maintenance
20:08:47 <zzz> sadie sent out a tweet this morning, and got one response
20:09:26 <zzz> we may need a big PR push from sadie... or maybe this new volunteer will work out
20:09:36 <zzz> anybody want to volunteer, anybody have any ideas?
20:10:34 <zzz> ok, I'll respond to the twitter volunteer and see how it goes
20:10:41 <zzz> anything else on 3) ?
20:11:34 <zzz> anything else for the meeting ?
20:11:35 <i2pr> [Slack/manas] I'd like to help out but I would need to do lots of reading up and learning as I'm not familiar with this.
20:11:46 <i2pr> [Slack/manas] I have the threads pulled up, will read
20:12:01 <zzz> i2p, tails, and debian package experience is required
20:12:08 <i2pr> [Slack/manas] My reseed's SSL certs may be expired or close to expiring, I will make sure those are updated
20:12:19 <orignal_> I2P should do more PR than now
20:12:54 <zzz> orignal_, I agree, please pass any ideas you have to sadie and str4d
20:12:56 <i2pr> [Slack/manas] letskencrypt (now called acme-client) has been going through a number of changes but it has stabilized now. I can automate updates of the SSL certs for the reseeds.
20:13:09 <i2pr> [Slack/manas] So reseeds may go down temporarily but they will return :slightly_smiling_face:
20:13:18 <zzz> manas, for any reseed issues, please work with backup@mail.i2p
20:13:24 <zzz> anything else for the meeting ?
20:13:28 <i2pr> [Slack/manas] Sure
20:14:44 <zzz> no meeting 1st week of january. We will have in-person meetings at CCC. Watch this channel for details, meetings may be scheduled on short notice
20:15:10 <zzz> a list of possible meetings is on a zzz.i2p thread, speak up there to add subjects or to ask to join remotely
20:15:23 * zzz **bafs** the meeting closed