I2P dev meeting, October 3, 2017 @ 18:30 UTC

Quick recap

  • Present:

echelon, orignal, str4d, villain, zzz

Tam IRC Günlüğü

18:30:00 <zzz> 0) Hi
18:30:00 <zzz> 1) 0.9.31 Android update (str4d)
18:30:00 <zzz> 2) 0.9.32 update (zzz)
18:30:00 <zzz> 3) 34C3 budget (zzz/echelon)
18:30:00 <zzz> 4) Debian package update (zzz)
18:30:00 <zzz> 5) 10 years after jrandom (zzz)
18:30:06 <zzz> 0) Hi
18:30:09 <zzz> hi
18:30:26 <eche|on> hi
18:30:27 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] Hi
18:30:49 <zzz> 1) 0.9.31 Android update (str4d)
18:31:05 <zzz> str4d, what's the status on .31, d/l page still shows .30
18:32:37 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] No progress unfortunately, was affected by my phone issues and then flat hunting/obtaining
18:33:19 <zzz> I have .31 on my phone, is it just a question of bumping the version on the website? what's left to do?
18:34:13 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] Oh wait
18:34:15 <zzz> two months since .31 release
18:34:32 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] Sorry, had forgotten I managed to get the release out
18:34:45 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] In which case, not sure why website is still not updated
18:34:53 <zzz> what do phone issues and flat (apartment? not sure what a flat is) have to do with it
18:35:08 <zzz> been pinging you for several weeks
18:35:23 <zzz> what is left to do?
18:35:54 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] What it has to do with it, is I've had zero I2P time this last month
18:36:36 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] And no pinging because not on my I2P laptop, and the relay was down so I didn't see pings here
18:37:23 <zzz> so what still is there to do for getting .31 on the download page, and when can you do it by?
18:40:22 <zzz> hearing no response... should we move on to 2) ?
18:41:01 <zzz> I'll assume str4d will take care of 1) when able
18:41:07 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] Should just need the website being updated
18:41:17 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] So, hopefully Friday now I'm done with flat stuff
18:41:21 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] But anyone could update it
18:41:56 <zzz> but we don't know if it's ready. So please fix the website when able
18:42:02 <zzz> anything else on 1) ?
18:42:18 <zzz> 2) 0.9.32 update (zzz)
18:42:30 <villain> hi
18:42:45 <zzz> ok, schedule was .32 early oct. and .33 early dec., but there's been very little activity for .32
18:43:03 <zzz> so I have pushed .32 to early Nov., for the last release of the year
18:43:15 <eche|on> fine with me
18:43:42 <zzz> that will make only 4 releases this year, which is pretty sad, lowest since jrandom was doing very little in 2007
18:44:10 <eche|on> IMHO do not care much about amount of releases, but amount of work went into it 
18:44:15 <zzz> str4d, new process is to not release with blockers/criticals, so please address the tickets
18:44:39 <zzz> I have proposal 141 half done, need to do the UI part
18:45:17 <zzz> I would say there's nothing critical to do for .32, but there is an NPE in the console, I fixed it
18:45:22 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] ACK. If they are UI-related blockers, I have fixes to IIRC most of it locally, but haven't had time to push out because mtn refactoring work takes me a lot longer than git
18:46:01 <zzz> ok str4d can you address those for an early-november release?
18:46:23 <zzz> because obviously we've blown past the early october deadline
18:47:00 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] I'll target that
18:47:07 <zzz> ok
18:47:12 <zzz> anything else on 2) ?
18:48:00 <zzz> 3) 34C3 budget (zzz/echelon)
18:48:18 <zzz> eche|on, whats the total requests for ccc funding?
18:48:53 <eche|on> roughly 5k € and tickets are in the 1k area
18:49:16 <zzz> I assume we can afford that easily :)
18:49:31 <eche|on> hm, let me count, 1,2,3 BTC, yeah, for sure^^
18:49:53 <zzz> add in a dinner and we're going to pay for train passes, call it 7K, sounds good
18:50:11 <zzz> anybody here that didn't request funding that needs it, now is the time to ask
18:50:29 <zzz> any objections to spending 7K for CCC?
18:51:01 <zzz> anything else on 3) ?
18:51:19 <eche|on> not from me now
18:51:30 <zzz> 4) Debian package update (zzz)
18:51:50 <zzz> ok, great news, mhatta's package was accepted into debian sid, will be buster in two years
18:52:20 <zzz> I've bought back some of his fixes, and hopefully he'll update to .31 soon
18:52:41 <eche|on> great news, for sure
18:52:57 <zzz> big milestone, the debian bug to include it was something like 8 years old
18:53:14 <zzz> anything else on 4) ?
18:53:23 <eche|on> yes
18:53:32 <eche|on> is this the final on "bounty closed" ?
18:53:40 <eche|on> can I pay the 146€ to mhatta?
18:53:41 <eche|on> *g*
18:54:32 <zzz> I think yes
18:54:45 <zzz> maybe our first bounty to pay off in years
18:54:58 <eche|on> yeah
18:54:59 <eche|on> great
18:55:16 <zzz> 5) 10 years after jrandom (zzz)
18:55:52 <zzz> ok, jrandom vanished november 2007, just wondering if we should do anything to commemorate it, maybe from PR team, str4d/sadie any ideas?
18:56:14 <eche|on> no idea
18:56:17 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] Looks like https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=448638  has been closed, so yes!
18:56:42 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] I'll chat to Sadie about it this weekend
18:57:03 <zzz> ok, anything else on 5) ?
18:57:05 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] When in November was it?
18:57:12 <orignal_> zzz, maybe you want to tell the full story
18:57:29 <zzz> I don't have an exact date, lost those emails
18:57:36 <orignal_> what happened before? why did he choose you?
18:57:57 <orignal_> what did you discuss and what did agree to?
18:58:01 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] If we do some PR, I think we'd focus on what has been done since then
18:58:12 <zzz> I may do a brief post on zzz.i2p with my memoryies
18:58:25 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] Or possibly two phases / blog posts - before and after.
18:59:08 <zzz> ok, anything else on 5) ?
18:59:18 <orignal_> yes, please
18:59:24 <orignal_> everybody wants to know
18:59:28 <zzz> this is our standing post on it: http://i2p-projekt.i2p/en/misc/jrandom-awol
18:59:43 <zzz> anything else for the meeting?
19:00:19 <orignal_> yes, but nothing about you
19:00:22 <villain> you have 7K budget on CCC trip, all from donation money? what it accomplishes to I2P?
19:00:49 <zzz> as manas requested an earlier time and is a no-show, we'll be back to 8 PM UTC for next month
19:01:28 <zzz> essentially all our funds are from the original donation of 1000 BTC years ago
19:01:37 <villain> for 7K you could afford independent source code audit of I2P source, just saying...
19:01:41 <eche|on> more or less all, yes
19:01:42 * zzz warms up the baffer
19:02:00 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] villain, hah!
19:02:01 <eche|on> you won´t get a sufficient code audit for 7k for our source
19:02:11 <zzz> our financial status is on our website if you're interested in our balances
19:02:14 <eche|on> a auditor is ~500€/day
19:02:22 * zzz *bafs* the meeting closed