I2P dev meeting, December 7, 2021 @ 20:00 UTC

Quick recap

  • Present:

eyedeekay, zzz, zlatinb

전체 IRC 로그

(03:00:21 PM) eyedeekay: Hi everybody, welcome to the December 7 meeting
(03:00:28 PM) eyedeekay: 1) Hi 
(03:00:28 PM) eyedeekay: 2) 1.6.1 Release Status 
(03:00:28 PM) eyedeekay: 3) jpackage Update Status 
(03:00:28 PM) eyedeekay: 4) Monero Integrations 
(03:00:28 PM) eyedeekay: 5) New SAM Library 
(03:00:37 PM) zzz: hi
(03:00:41 PM) zlatinb: hi
(03:01:05 PM) eyedeekay: Hi zzz, hi zlatinb
(03:01:12 PM) eyedeekay: Anybody else here today?
(03:01:16 PM) mode (-m ) by zzz
(03:01:31 PM) eyedeekay: 2) 1.6.1 release status
(03:02:32 PM) eyedeekay: Release 1.6.1 is available, the torrent is live, as are Debian/Ubuntu/Launchpad, Maven, GPlay, and our F-Droid
(03:03:10 PM) eyedeekay: F-Droid's repository is still out of date, one of my tasks this week is to get our app working with their auto-build system again
(03:04:01 PM) eyedeekay: Debian's repositories, as far as we know, aren't going to recieve our updates at this time, people who are using Debian packages should switch to deb.i2p2.de or deb.i2p2.no
(03:05:18 PM) eyedeekay: The DMG bundle built by zlatinb has also been updated to 1.6.1 and is available on the mirrors and as an update
(03:06:01 PM) eyedeekay: The exe bundle built by me is going to be up today, I had planned to do it yesterday but got bogged down in Windows updates so I'll do it this evening.
(03:06:40 PM) eyedeekay: According to stats.i2p about 20% of the network has updated
(03:06:47 PM) eyedeekay: Anything to add zzz, zlatinb?
(03:09:13 PM) eyedeekay: Hello?
(03:11:26 PM) eyedeekay: OK I'm back
(03:11:40 PM) eyedeekay: (03:06:40 PM) eyedeekay: According to stats.i2p about 20% of the network has updated
(03:11:40 PM) eyedeekay: (03:06:47 PM) eyedeekay: Anything to add zzz, zlatinb?
(03:11:50 PM) zzz: yes
(03:12:05 PM) zzz: no sign of a biglybt update yet, hopefully that will come soon
(03:12:10 PM) zzz: no user complaints yet
(03:12:26 PM) zzz: echelon had trouble with a 1.6.1-2 dev build but we don't know why
(03:13:03 PM) zzz: also, users of any i2p package version (current or older) may have a problem due to changing jetty9 dependencies
(03:13:24 PM) zzz: if so, sudo apt install libservlet3.1-java manually
(03:14:44 PM) zlatinb: re biglybt I heard from Parg earlier today regarding an unrelated matter so he is ok.
(03:15:52 PM) zzz: may also affect bleeding-edge ubuntu jammy, not sure
(03:15:52 PM) zzz: eot
(03:16:12 PM) zlatinb: eot
(03:16:22 PM) zzz: I mean debian/ubuntu package
(03:16:22 PM) zzz: eot2
(03:16:22 PM) zzz: this is on debian sid and maybe jammy only
(03:16:22 PM) zzz: eot3
(03:16:22 PM) zzz: will give him a few more days and then bug him
(03:16:31 PM) eyedeekay: Thanks zzz, the package/dependency thing will probably bubble up on Reddit if it's a problem
(03:16:58 PM) eyedeekay: I run sid on the day-to-day basis and haven't hit this one so far
(03:17:01 PM) zzz: ref: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=997213
(03:18:40 PM) eyedeekay: 3) jpackage Update Status
(03:19:36 PM) eyedeekay: Partly covered this one already, zlatinb's dmg packages are up on the mirrors and listed on the site
(03:20:29 PM) eyedeekay: I had some updates I needed to do to my Windows laptop so didn't get the exe builds done last night, got it out for after the meeting
(03:21:08 PM) eyedeekay: I've flipped my news server over to publish zlatinb's new packages
(03:21:59 PM) eyedeekay: I haven't heard from any users so far
(03:22:27 PM) zlatinb: The dmg jpackage is at this point well-streamlined.  We did an end-to-end test of the in-network update with 1.5.0->1.5.1 and that worked (but from the second try)
(03:23:02 PM) zlatinb: 1 person has downloaded the torrent according to snark
(03:23:27 PM) zlatinb: not much else to report on the mac jpackage, it basically works
(03:23:28 PM) zlatinb: eot
(03:24:04 PM) eyedeekay: Thanks zlatinb
(03:24:41 PM) eyedeekay: 4) Monero Integrations
(03:25:55 PM) eyedeekay: There was some renewed interest in getting Monero-over-I2P working automatically in the GUI wallets(like Feather in particular) over the thanksgiving holiday
(03:26:38 PM) eyedeekay: We're doing some design mockups and analysis of the tradeoffs of different configurations over here:
(03:26:39 PM) eyedeekay: https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/issues/2274
(03:27:15 PM) eyedeekay: They're interested in adopting several things from us, including eventually our model for distributing software updates in-network
(03:27:53 PM) eyedeekay: If anybody wants to participate in that discussion we're having it there mostly, and also on the Monero Matrix channel
(03:28:06 PM) eyedeekay: Monero-Community
(03:28:20 PM) eyedeekay: EOT
(03:29:05 PM) eyedeekay: 5) New SAM library
(03:29:14 PM) zzz: cool, I assume they've already looked at what bitcoin did for the low-level address protocols
(03:29:17 PM) zzz: eot
(03:30:31 PM) eyedeekay: Yes they have
(03:31:24 PM) eyedeekay: The other cool thing that happened last week is the folks at diva.exchange have created a new SAM library for node.js/javascript in general
(03:32:02 PM) eyedeekay: It's much more thoroughly and recently documented than the old one which is now unmaintained
(03:32:07 PM) eyedeekay: Source is here: https://codeberg.org/diva.exchange/i2p-sam
(03:32:23 PM) eyedeekay: NPM package is here https://www.npmjs.com/package/@diva.exchange/i2p-sam
(03:33:00 PM) eyedeekay: Given how popular node is I'm giving it a bit of a signal boost, seems like everybody writes their webapps in node these days
(03:33:15 PM) eyedeekay: eot
(03:34:21 PM) eyedeekay: Anything else for the meeting?
(03:35:13 PM) zlatinb: not from me
(03:36:01 PM) eyedeekay: timeout 1,
(03:36:04 PM) eyedeekay: 1m
(03:37:03 PM) eyedeekay: OK then thanks zzz, zlatinb, next meeting will be Jan 4, 2022
(03:37:03 PM) eyedeekay: I will post the logs shortly