I2P dev meeting, June 5, 2018 @ 20:00 UTC

Quick recap

  • Present:

echelon, obscuratus, zlatinb, zzz

전체 IRC 로그

20:00:00 <zzz> 0) Hi
20:00:00 <zzz> 1) 0.9.34 F-Droid status (str4d, meeh, nextloop)
20:00:00 <zzz> 2) 0.9.35 update (zzz)
20:00:00 <zzz> 3) NTCP2 update (zzz)
20:00:00 <zzz> 4) Status scrum (zab)
20:00:03 <zzz> 0) Hi
20:00:05 <zzz> hi
20:00:12 <zzz> 1) 0.9.34 F-Droid status (str4d, meeh, nextloop)
20:00:20 <zzz> anybody heard from nextloop? 
20:00:30 <eche|on> nope
20:01:22 <zzz> I'll try to find him on twitter, but for now F-droid is still out of date
20:01:27 <zzz> 2) 0.9.35 update (zzz)
20:01:54 <zzz> ok 35 is going well. we pushed the release out one week. tag freeze in a week, checkin deadline in 2 1/2 weeks
20:02:00 <zzz> release in about 3 weeks
20:02:15 <zzz> anything else on 2) ?
20:02:40 <eche|on> not yet
20:03:07 <zzz> 3) NTCP2 update (zzz)
20:03:37 <zzz> we're still holding weekly meetings, but we're almost done with those. the proposal is pretty solid, but there are still changes coming (probably) so it isn't final yet
20:04:00 <zzz> I have a test router up on the network. The plan is to ship support in .36, disabled by default, and enable it in .37
20:04:28 <eche|on> just read a tweet of orignal doing some ntcp2 for i2pd
20:04:37 <zzz> we plan to use the same meeting and decision process for the LS2 proposal, starting soon
20:04:43 <zzz> yeah, all the action is in #ntcp2
20:04:51 <eche|on> ok
20:04:58 <zzz> anything else on 3) ?
20:05:18 <eche|on> will .37 be ready to use ntcp2?
20:05:40 <eche|on> thats end of 2018
20:05:48 <zzz> right, we'll do testing in 36 with people that manually enable it. Then enable it by default in 37
20:05:53 <zlatinb> another q : any plans to release a bob-only mode in .36 for example?
20:06:03 <zzz> right. 37 maybe in November
20:06:04 <zlatinb> or bob-only in .35 for easier testing?
20:06:14 <zzz> what does bob-only mean?
20:06:28 <zlatinb> only incoming tcp connections
20:06:45 <zzz> oh, receive only? yeah that's not a bad idea. Not for 35 though. 
20:06:53 <obscuratus> Can I start testing ntcp2 on my testing network?
20:06:54 <zzz> depends how much testing we get in the 36 cycle
20:07:14 <zzz> obscuratus, no, the full support won't be checked in until after the 35 release. It's still in development
20:07:29 <eche|on> I assume quite fast after .35 release the code will be moved into trunk
20:07:32 <zzz> what's in 35 now is just stubs
20:07:36 <zzz> correct eche|on 
20:08:05 <zzz> anything else on 3) ?
20:09:01 <zzz> 4) Status scrum (zlatinb)
20:09:03 <zzz> go zlatinb 
20:09:33 <zlatinb> hi,  Let’s do the usual : 1. what you’ve been up to the last month 2. what you plan to do next month 3. are you blocked by anyone or need any help
20:09:36 <zlatinb> zzz go first
20:09:44 <zzz> ok
20:10:13 <zzz> I've been about equal parts NTCP2, bug fixes, and wrapping up some new features for 35 (ssl wizard and susimail folders)
20:10:48 <zzz> I expect next month to be NTCP2, bug fixes, the 35 release which always takes a lot of time, and starting on LS2
20:11:01 <zzz> no blockers; EOT
20:11:22 <zlatinb> thx.  eche|on ?
20:11:37 <eche|on> lots of IRC, forum, managing the funds, working on cryptocurrency system
20:11:54 <eche|on> ongoing this work, no blocker yet, except holidays ^^
20:12:12 <zlatinb> ok.  str4d are you here?
20:12:40 <zlatinb> looks like no.  meeh are you here?
20:13:18 <zlatinb> looks like no.  sadie can’t make it, mhatta and slumlord are not here either
20:13:26 <zlatinb> well that’s about it
20:13:36 <zlatinb> eot
20:13:36 <eche|on> holiday time has hit us..
20:13:44 <eche|on> baffer?
20:13:46 <zzz> ok, anybody have anything else for the meeting?
20:14:31 <zzz> yeah it's baffer time
20:14:52 <zzz> short meeting, but there's lots happening, all good
20:14:59 * zzz *bafs* the meeting closed
20:15:01 <zzz> thanks everybody