The 0.9 release concludes over a year and a half of work on the 0.8.x series, in which we greatly improved the performance and security of the router, and the scalability of the network.
In the 0.9 release we migrate to Jetty 6 for the console and eepsite web server, and introduce a simplified router console home page. This release is network-compatible with prior releases, however see below for important information on compatibility with existing eepsites, plugins, and webapps. Upgrading is recommended.
Files are available on the download page.
In-network updates and new installs will include Jetty 6, Tomcat, and JSTL. PPA (Ubuntu/Debian) updates will have new dependencies for these packages.
If you have not enabled or modified your eepsite settings, the update should automatically migrate you to Jetty 6. If you do not use Jetty for your eepsite, the update will not affect it.
If you have more than one Jetty eepsite or you have changed the local port (7658 by default) or otherwise edited jetty.xml, you must manually edit the new jetty configuration files after updating, and then restart.
For those with Jetty-based eepsites, we recommend that you verify that the upgrade was successful and the eepsites are operational after the router restarts.
- Plugins not listed below should continue to work under Jetty 6.
- The following plugins require updates for Jetty 6. The router will download and install them a few minutes after upgrading: i2pcontrol, pebble, zzzot
- The following plugins have been renamed and for Jetty 6. Users must manually remove them and download the new versions after upgrading: neodatis, seedless
- The following plugin does not work well with Jetty 6, you may wish to remove it and install the unofficial replacement from plugins.i2p after upgrading: i2pbote
Other non-standard console and eepsite webapps not packaged by the I2P development team may or may not require modifications.
- Jetty 6.1.26, Tomcat 6.0.35, JSTL 1.2, supporting Servlet 2.5 and JSP 2.1 standards
- New simplified console home page. Note that it may be modified or disabled on the new page /confighome .
- The old .exe installer has been split into Windows (.exe) and non-Windows (.jar) installers
- Update to wrapper 3.5.14 (Debian packages and new installs only)
- Fix use of unacked ElGamal/AES Session Tags, causing permanently "stuck" connections
- Re-enable verifies of RouterInfo netdb stores
- Fix removal of context properties
- Fix handling of plugin installs requiring router restart
- Fix update key names being forgotten after a save on the config update page
- Fix i2psnark duplicate torrent messages
- Fix occasional NPE in the UDP transport
- More refactoring to get rid of static references which will help testing, shutdown, and embedded applications
- Reseed cleanups and checks
- Streamlining of tunnel endpoint message processing
- i2psnark bug fixes
- i2psnark private tracker support
- i2psnark tracker configuration form
- i2psnark message box cleanup
- i2psnark better error reporting
- Remove support for i2psnark "run standalone"
- Remove deprecated i2ptunnel Bean classes from the jar
- Increase max leaseset size from 6 to 16 for future growth
- Plugin tweaks
- Jetty logging moved from wrapper log to I2P log
- New page for viewing individual graphs for easy resizing and viewing of previous intervals
- Remove bandwidth from netdb stats
- Add negative lookup cache to naming service
- Reduce size of netdb structures
- HTTP Proxy refactoring to improve parsing of URLs and support IPv6 addresses, improve handling of malformed URLs, improved address helper handling
- Use per-destination streaming timers
- Better handling of leaseset/routerinfo overwrite attempts
- GeoIP update to April 2012 version (Debian packages and new installs only)
- German, Russian, Spanish, Swedish translation updates
- Non-default theme updates
- General code cleanups
006a306a2c5a449cce6a19378da5e74b8aa216ba5a9383a4c2cb66dfead2e736 i2pinstall_0.9_windows.exe 6175c50a306cbd6ebe6eba40965408bd3f87f3ecd0f6199d7a927099c21d73c0 i2pinstall_0.9.jar 8a3654a13781a9aacf9db94081e057be73322f88db2931eba4f2cfa467ead429 i2psource_0.9.tar.bz2 234d4c0ad1736b389349c702bfcf70511e72770a414b0afe7e9f5e1f5ebca97d i2pupdate_0.9.zip 78fc1af81b71b5797bf9900b5a98f4513af840b76e801c40b9e4abb5e7e37807 i2pupdate.su2 63ec749a1da0c7913c09cc7bcf552497bebb873024ac42030c8a507c92aec9de i2pupdate.sud