I2P dev meeting, November 08, 2022 @ 20:00 UTC

Quick recap

  • Present:

echelon, eyedeekay, zzz

Pełny protokół IRC

(03:00:31 PM) eyedeekay: Hi everyone, welcome to the November 8 meeting
(03:00:31 PM) eyedeekay: 1. Hi 
(03:00:31 PM) eyedeekay: 2. 2.0.0 development status 
(03:00:31 PM) eyedeekay: 3. Publish source tarballs for bundle releases 
(03:00:31 PM) eyedeekay: 4. Free Stickers for Translators
(03:00:31 PM) eyedeekay: Anything else for the agenda?
(03:00:39 PM) mode (-m ) by zzz
(03:01:19 PM) zzz: hi
(03:01:58 PM) eyedeekay: hi zzz
(03:02:03 PM) eyedeekay: Anybody else here today?
(03:02:08 PM) eche|on: hi
(03:02:18 PM) eyedeekay: Hi eche|on
(03:02:39 PM) eyedeekay: 2. 2.0.0 development status
(03:02:58 PM) eyedeekay: We're 2 weeks from release with a tag freeze tomorrow, IIRC
(03:03:49 PM) eyedeekay: Yes that's exactly when
(03:04:38 PM) eyedeekay: zzz and orignal have been hard at work getting ssu2 ready, the plan is still to enable it
(03:05:08 PM) eyedeekay: I'll be doing an unsigned release of the I2P Easy-Install for Windows
(03:05:50 PM) eyedeekay: I don't know the Mac release status, though, are Mac users stuck on 1.9.0 until we can find a new Mac maintainer/signer?
(03:06:25 PM) zzz: yes. There's a pretty good summary of the release at http://zzz.i2p/topics/3377
(03:07:02 PM) zzz: the SSU2 testing in the last 3 months with 2% enabled has been a tremendous success
(03:07:17 PM) zzz: haven't found any major issues, but we've fixed countless minor ones
(03:08:19 PM) eche|on: go ahead with SSU2
(03:08:35 PM) eche|on: about mac: I got a dev account and a MAC, but no idea howto currently
(03:08:39 PM) eche|on: and less time
(03:09:03 PM) zzz: interesting
(03:09:31 PM) zzz: do you think you _could_ do it at some point? If so, when?
(03:09:39 PM) eche|on: I do have the git repo of the mac inclusions, but currently not yet looked into
(03:09:54 PM) eche|on: IF I find out howto, rather soon (tm)
(03:10:05 PM) zzz: even if it's a month or two late, that would be fantastic
(03:10:08 PM) eche|on: but the howto may fail in shorter terms
(03:10:41 PM) eche|on: also no idea about whats apple going to do, but those are parts to find out
(03:11:10 PM) eyedeekay: I'll see if I can help you, building the mac jpackages is pretty straightforward, I've never signed them but it's all in the scripts zab wrote
(03:11:25 PM) zzz: when I do the 2.0.0 news.xml, I'll also put a news entry in the mac feed saying it will be delayed
(03:11:42 PM) zzz: eyedeekay, do you have a mac?
(03:11:57 PM) eyedeekay: I have an Intel Mac but no dev account
(03:12:04 PM) eche|on: sadie has a mac, but neither idk nor sadie do want to go public with their names
(03:12:25 PM) eche|on: getting a dev account is rather simple : give out your name and pay 100$ a year
(03:12:28 PM) eyedeekay: I can make a dmg but it gets signed with local keys that aren't allowed on other Macs
(03:12:32 PM) zzz: I understand. The idea is you could walk thru everything but the notarization
(03:12:32 PM) eche|on: more or like thats it
(03:13:12 PM) eche|on: bb 2min
(03:13:25 PM) zzz: afaik it's the notarization that's the real pita. Hopefully the howto is clear...
(03:14:14 PM) eyedeekay: I think the only pitfall really is getting the Java dev environments set up, there's a tool you install through brew that switches version that makes it very easy though
(03:14:25 PM) zzz: eyedeekay, let's put this on the agenda for next month
(03:14:36 PM) eyedeekay: Can do
(03:15:19 PM) zzz: in the mean time, please run thru the howto as it currently exists as far as you can w/o notarization, just to test the howto and see if it needs any fixes for ech
(03:16:10 PM) zzz: esp. to check if the arm64 side is documented
(03:16:45 PM) eyedeekay: I will do everything I can, although I won't be able to run through the arm64 process because I do not have an arm64 Mac
(03:16:53 PM) eche|on: I will check howto get the certs with notarization,
(03:16:55 PM) eyedeekay: I'll do everything up to that though
(03:17:18 PM) eche|on: eyedeekay: just order a arm64 mac. refund as usual
(03:17:28 PM) eche|on: no need to stop at that
(03:17:30 PM) zzz: do you need an ARM mac to build ARM? 
(03:17:41 PM) zzz: probably...
(03:17:59 PM) eyedeekay: I'm not quite sure on the subtleties of it all re: cross-compilation
(03:18:02 PM) zzz: there's also a possible workflow where idk builds and ech notarizes
(03:18:23 PM) zzz: but we don't need to work it all out here
(03:18:44 PM) eyedeekay: But jpackage is pretty picky about architecture/OS combinations
(03:19:28 PM) SoniEx2: raspberry pi?
(03:19:39 PM) zzz: let's move on to next topic
(03:19:40 PM) eyedeekay: ELF not Mach-O
(03:19:42 PM) eyedeekay: But yes
(03:19:45 PM) eyedeekay: 3. Publish source tarballs for bundle releases
(03:20:24 PM) eyedeekay: Since it's just me now and I wanted to publish source tarballs the whole time, 2.0.0 Windows getting source tarballs
(03:20:36 PM) eyedeekay: One for the bundle itself and one for the profile manager component
(03:21:17 PM) eyedeekay: As part of going through the scripts from the Mac bundle I'll add source tarball generation as part of the process
(03:21:18 PM) zzz: ok, and since the mac objector has left, let's add one to the mac page also
(03:21:28 PM) eyedeekay: Will do
(03:21:41 PM) zzz: great, I'm happy
(03:22:38 PM) eyedeekay: 4. Free Stickers for Translators
(03:23:27 PM) eche|on: yeah
(03:23:49 PM) eyedeekay: eche|on and I talked about this briefly after last month's meeting by email
(03:23:49 PM) eyedeekay: I think we were each in favor of doing it? I don't have my mail open
(03:24:23 PM) eche|on: sure we can do this, one for each part of the wolrd
(03:24:28 PM) zzz: it was my proposal, but it requires a) stickers and b) somebody to mail them
(03:24:30 PM) eche|on: but my sticker ressources are limited
(03:24:47 PM) zzz: as I understand we're essentially out of stickers
(03:24:59 PM) eche|on: sadie/idk still do have several
(03:25:05 PM) eche|on: I got around 400 or alike only
(03:25:23 PM) eche|on: should be enough for 1year+, but plan ahead
(03:25:26 PM) eyedeekay: Oh I ran myself down to like, 8 at All Things Open last week
(03:25:30 PM) eyedeekay: I'll need to order more
(03:25:53 PM) eche|on: ah, ok
(03:26:10 PM) zzz: can you two coordinate on who is ordering, what the design is, and make sure each of you gets half?
(03:26:16 PM) eyedeekay: Yes we can
(03:26:34 PM) zzz: super
(03:27:05 PM) zzz: when you have them in hand, holler and I'll announce on TX
(03:27:11 PM) eche|on: good
(03:27:22 PM) zzz: thanks guys
(03:27:46 PM) eyedeekay: No problem
(03:27:56 PM) eyedeekay: Anything else on 4 or for the meeting?
(03:28:25 PM) eche|on: nope
(03:29:14 PM) eyedeekay: All right thanks everybody for coming, I'll post the meeting in a few minutes