0.9.2 Release - Blog
- Posted: 2012-09-21
- Posted in release
0.9.2 includes extensive low-level changes to improve the performance and efficiency of the router. We have updated our UPnP library, to hopefully make UPnP work for more people. I2PSnark now has DHT support, but it is not yet enabled by default, as we plan to do more testing during the upcoming 0.9.3 development cycle. As usual, there's also lots of bug fixes in this release, so updating is recommended.
Files are available on the download page.
- SSU: Fix several problems in our UDP transport, to improve efficiency and reliability for connection setup. Also improve defenses against various types of bad input.
- UPnP: Updated our library to fix several issues, should work for more routers now
- Transport: Improve performance in both our TCP and UDP transports, to benefit high-bandwidth routers
- Crypto: The thresholds and number of ElGamal/AES Session Tags delivered are now much more flexible, which should lessen protocol overhead and reduce stalls caused by dropped tags.
- I2PSnark: Add DHT support, not yet enabled by default, will do further testing and plan to enable by default in 0.9.3.
- Fix various issues affecting memory usage and performance on high-bandwidth routers
- Fix problems in UDP for routers using a reduced-MTU connection, e.g. a VPN
- Fix i2psnark bug that prevented a completion announcement to the tracker
- Fix a lock contention problem in i2ptunnel
- Fix some OSX installation issues
- Remove uses of direct byte buffers that may have been leaking
- Reduce overhead in network messages
- Add "universal" theme support
- Theme updates
- Add a jbigi library for Raspberry Pi
- New Scala unit test framework
- Translation updates for Czech, Dutch, German, and Greek
- Update wrapper to 3.5.15 (new installs and PPA only)
- Update GeoIP data (new installs and PPA only)
4cc506d74bea772d304a8fc1d4adee900e5d7d38cbf896bd8aa9de31002b4f43 i2pinstall_0.9.2_windows.exe 7eb1b62bdb955691dfd645acc2172fe7947266e35f201273f702272d57b80a70 i2pinstall_0.9.2.jar ac0262120868a01d11b27ce56a7fea5ea243e261d0d7ff6e6dd59e18987a1be5 i2psource_0.9.2.tar.bz2 c547b81822ff642e52a9196e847466b5613219fc695bc26485930c7a855e0cee i2pupdate_0.9.2.zip f8b34fe7764d828fbdbcc13efd4f8f4ae20697f84c1c3772213241fa2ce0786a i2pupdate.su2 8ee355a27713f43a2a37dcfb70a4ea1d9f6c1fbad2d33a35083c0a33afaedeec i2pupdate.sud