I2P dev meeting, February 7, 2017 @ 20:00 UTC

Quick recap

  • Present:

echelon, EinMbyte, manas, psi, str4d, zzz

Registo Completo do IRC

20:00:00 <zzz> 0) Hi
20:00:00 <zzz> 1) 33C3 follow-up
20:00:00 <zzz> 2) 0.9.29 update (zzz)
20:00:00 <zzz> 3) Tails maintainer (zzz) http://zzz.i2p/topics/2108
20:00:00 <zzz> 4) NTCP2 draft (Manas)
20:00:00 <zzz> 5) Reseed documentation patch (Manas)
20:00:04 <zzz> 0) Hi
20:00:05 <zzz> hi
20:00:21 <zzz> 1) 33C3 follow-up
20:00:32 <eche|off> hi
20:00:50 <zzz> anybody have anything they'd like to say about 33c3? I'd say the traffic to our table was less than previous years
20:01:07 <zzz> thanks to manas for doing some writeups over on zzz.i2p
20:01:09 <psi> ohay
20:01:15 <eche|off> yeah, was less, but still ok
20:01:21 <zzz> we'll cover tails in 3)
20:01:32 <zzz> let's hope for a new city this year
20:01:54 <zzz> anything else on 1) ?
20:02:25 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] Hi
20:02:26 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] I can't comment on that, but I really enjoyed it!
20:02:28 <manas> Hey!
20:02:38 <zzz> ok, moving on
20:02:43 <zzz> 2) 0.9.29 update (zzz)
20:02:51 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] I had a good time with Yolgie in Linz and Vienna; should be a good connection moving forward
20:03:17 <zzz> I've set the checkin deadline for 2 1/2 weeks from now, friday 2/24, release about 2/27
20:03:21 <zzz> mostly bug fixes
20:03:30 <eche|off> uh, time to get something done, ok
20:03:40 <zzz> I'm also (still) planning to enforce sigs over at stats.i2p registration very soon
20:04:04 <manas> Enforce sigs?
20:04:12 <zzz> str4ds console rework was pushed to .30, so that would be a mid-Feb prop deadline
20:04:17 <zzz> *mid-march
20:04:32 <manas> So more verification steps when registering a host name?
20:04:42 <zzz> manas, basically proofs that you control the domain you're registering
20:05:10 <manas> Hm ok
20:05:15 <zzz> I fixed a bunch of bugs over the weekend, knocking out trac tickets, going to try for a few more in next week or two
20:05:38 <zzz> so the tag freeze and tx push will be in about 8 days
20:06:07 <zzz> i figured out how to do man page translations, so everybody go do your thing over on transifex for that
20:06:13 <zzz> anything else on 2) ?
20:06:16 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] Woo
20:06:19 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] If there's anything useful for me to work on for .29, let me know. Otherwise I'll continue on the .ui branch.
20:06:20 <eche|off> done that already^^
20:06:37 <eche|off> I will do the cert on my reseed... 
20:06:45 <manas> I'm continuing to work on the Hindi translations :)
20:07:04 <zzz> yeah str4d there's definitely some things that need work before you prop or the pitchforks will come out
20:07:14 <zzz> ok great
20:07:29 <zzz> 3) Tails maintainer (zzz) http://zzz.i2p/topics/2108
20:07:40 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] I've got a bunch of changes locally that I'm tidying up before pushing
20:08:07 <zzz> we met a guy 'yolgie' at ccc who said he'd do it. pinged him in early jan, he said he'd start in feb. pinged him a few days ago,no response yet
20:08:26 <zzz> we're about to get evicted from tails, so anybody that can help would be great
20:08:45 <psi> i am ready to go with tails whenever, i have finally got building tails down
20:08:51 <i2pr> [Slack/str4d] What's the timescale on that?
20:08:57 <manas> psi: nice!
20:09:50 <zzz> see the zzz.i2p thread for a link to a tails ticket that has the schedule for our evition
20:09:55 <zzz> *eviction
20:11:15 <zzz> theres a bunch of old tickets and a bunch of haters and so it's all just about over
20:11:20 <zzz> anything else on 3) ?
20:11:44 <eche|off> I hope it will be fine
20:11:55 <zzz> 4) NTCP2 draft (Manas)
20:12:00 <zzz> manas what do you have for us?
20:12:24 <manas> Draft has been prepared, it's posted up on zzz.i2p
20:12:40 <manas> I haven't heard any comments as of today
20:12:51 <zzz> so it's a consolidation of the old proposal and EinMByte's complete rewrite?
20:13:07 <manas> I think I included the important bits, but I would need someone who knows this topic better to review.
20:13:14 <eche|off> some folks asking when it is done, but nothing more..
20:13:30 <manas> zzz: Yes
20:13:47 * psi starts reading ntcp proposal
20:13:53 <zzz> this is progress, albeit small. I still consider the whole thing completely stalled, won't happen until people start participating
20:14:00 <manas> zzz: I did not include the parts from the old proposal which were outdated
20:14:22 <zzz> ok I'll give it a couple more days, if there are no comments in the zzz.i2p thread I'll just check it into the website?
20:14:59 <manas> zzz: There are a few minor edits I can make (style) at the very end
20:15:09 <zzz> ok great. anything else on 4) ?
20:15:16 <manas> From  tuna's recent post
20:15:38 <manas> But that's all
20:15:41 <zzz> 5) Reseed documentation patch (Manas)
20:15:46 <zzz> manas what do you have for us?
20:16:04 <manas> Heard from backup
20:16:08 <manas> His comments are here: http://zzz.i2p/topics/2210-reseed-webpage-updates
20:16:27 <manas> Will be making another patch after I include his suggestions
20:16:46 <eche|off> great
20:16:48 <manas> He has suggested removing a number of parts (old reseed methods)
20:16:56 <manas> As well as removing support for lighttpd
20:17:06 <eche|off> I still do use the old methods, but thats fine
20:17:09 <manas> I don't know who if anyone is using lighttpd to run reseeds
20:17:26 <zzz> this is great work. backup owns the page but refuses to create html patches for his changes, and I refuse to be the html editor, so we've been stuck for a year. Thanks for moving us forward.
20:17:29 <manas> issue with not being able to set a certain HTTP header
20:17:55 <manas> :)
20:18:10 <zzz> manas for this one, when you're done, add a note in the zzz.i2p thread and I'll check it in
20:18:44 <manas> If anyone has comments on backup's proposed changes please post it. If there are no comments within a week, I'll share the updated patch and inform zzz.
20:18:57 <zzz> anything else on 5) ?
20:18:59 <manas> zzz: sure
20:19:16 <manas> Not on my end
20:20:03 <zzz> anything else for the meeting?
20:20:21 <eche|off> not from my side
20:20:28 <EinMByte> Am late, but about ntcp2
20:20:39 <manas> Hey EinMByte 
20:20:40 <zzz> go ahead
20:21:00 <EinMByte> I can read through the latest draft
20:21:24 <EinMByte> Has a decision been made yet about which ciphers to support?
20:21:27 <manas> It's over here, by the way: http://pinkpaste.i2p/show/246/
20:21:39 <psi> there it is
20:22:19 <zzz> basically we've made no progress since the 1MB draft, and manas has just now merged it with the previous proposal
20:22:28 <zzz> anything else for the meeting?
20:22:58 <EinMByte> Ok, will read the draft. Someone should contact Winter
20:23:04 <EinMByte> (probably me)
20:23:11 * zzz grabs the baffer
20:23:24 * zzz *bafs* the meeting closed